Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is an essential part of electrical work equipment safety and this course offers the knowledge and practical skills for people tasked with conducting Portable Appliance Testing.
- Safely working with electrical equipment
- Legal aspects that apply
- Roles and responsibilities
- Types and classes of portable appliance equipment
- Introduction to the test equipment
- User checks and visual inspections
- Practical exercises in the use of testing equipment
- Keeping records
Gives internal capability to carry out regular practical testing and assessments reducing outsourced costs. Also, a reduction in risks and hazards that could lead to costly incidents or accidents whilst promoting business compliance with legislation.