This course offers a foundation to those responsible for conducting risk assessments in environments where hazardous materials exists, to support the prevention of accidents or incidents that could harm employee wellbeing.
- Why and how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances
- Hazards and risk; recognising the difference
- Different forms of hazardous substances
- Exposure or release of hazardous substances; impacts and effects that may arise
- How hazardous substances can enter the body
- How risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work
- The five step process of risk assessment
- Precautions and procedures properly controlled
- Control hierarchy; safe use, handling, storage, transportation and disposal of substances hazardous to health
- Information to refer to for safe identification and use of hazardous substances
- General procedures for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances
Ability to set hazardous substances policy, controls and measures whilst ensuring business compliance with legislation by effective Risk Assessment. Help to reduce the human and financial cost of harm or injury caused by hazardous substances.