Procurement is recognised as an integral park of cost control within a business. This course is for those who procure and manage suppliers to bring in goods and services, to build effective and strong purchasing work relationships.
- Describe what the supply chain is
- The procurement departments role
- The principles of the purchasing cycle
- The steps needed to manage a competitive bid
- Setting up a competitive bid for a contract
- Manage supplier performance, including controlling quality and setting monitoring controls
- Improving efficiency and accuracy
- Managing internal relationships
Application of the skills and knowledge to control and influence the supply chain and purchasing cycle, utilising the tools and strategies for making good purchasing decisions. Strengthening staff capabilities to negotiate and manage bids to a successful conclusion.