This course is aimed at individuals within a sales environment whose performance results could increase through applying a solution-based sales strategy, to identify and respond to customers’ needs effectively, resulting in improved customer relationships and buyer confidence.
- Introduction to solution-based selling
- Review of the sales cycle - plan, engage, qualify, solution, evidence, close
- Preparing your opening statement – how to engage prospects
- Understanding the client’s need and motivation to buy
- Questioning skills using BCIA – background, challenge, impact, advantage
- The CHAMP qualification model
- Developing your listening skills
- Using features and benefits of your product/service appropriately
- How to negotiate without making unilateral concessions
- Closing for commitment at every stage of the process
- Managing your accounts post-sales using the 7P model
Clear preparation and planning will lead to identifying realistic sales opportunities that are relevant to the customer and yield increased return on invested time. Enhanced buyer confidence and profitability will follow, as will the formation of long-term profitable business relationships.