Associate Product Management Apprentice - PEI Genesis
Location: Eastleigh, Southampton SO18 2RZ
Salary per week: £278.00
Working hours: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm (40 hours per week)
Applications in by: 20/05/2018
Interview Date: 24/05/2018
Job Code: AP28917
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented Apprentice to join the Product Depertment within PEI Genesis Southampton loaction. Once the Apprenticeship is complete and following further training and development, there will be an opportunity for the right applicant to progress and become an Associate Product Manager within this fast moving and very succesful global organisation.
PEI-Genesis is a global leader in the design and assembly of custom engineered connectors and cable solutions for harsh environments. PEI partners with customers to design engineered solutions that meet specific application requirements and then delivers with speed, service and consistent quality that is unmatched in the industry.
Over 70% of products sold are assembled to order. PEI provides a highly tailored solution shipped fast with a minimum order quantity of one piece. No other source can match the extensive high-mix, low-volume, value-added capability. PEI-Genesis is also in the unique position of being the only value-add connector distributor with assembly facilities in North America, Europe and Asia.
Click to learn more about PEI Genesis
Duties will include:
This position entails completing a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard and PEI Genesis are keen to meet with individuals who possess a real technical aptitude whom they are able to train and develop to become the next Associate Product Manager for Industrial Products.
With further development and succession this role could then lead into a Product Manager position.
The Associate Product Manager position is designed to allow an individual to develop the necessary skills and knowledge needed to become a Product Manager by managing a smaller number of product lines and by playing a crucial part in day to day operations, supporting all Product Managers in all aspects of the Product Management process.
Primary focus is on maintaining the P&D system, part code setup, Bill of Material creation, pricing, expediting and interfacing with Suppliers, Sales teams and external customers.
The Associate Product Manager is also responsible for both product planning and product marketing for their range of product lines. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and delivery of winning products. It also includes working closely with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Associate Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will work within the following areas to ensure you build a solid knowledge and understanding of the role and responsibilities:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap.
- Deliver Market Requirements Document (MRD) and Product Requirements Document (PRD) with prioritized features and corresponding justification in line with the product strategy.
- Management of product life cycle from conception through to withdrawal, including design, development and introduction of new core products to market.
- Management of Projects from conception through to customer handover, with strong attention to the projects critical path, milestones, key deliverables and budget.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and supplier opportunities.
- Be the Champion for the products and provide effective customer service and support to internal stakeholders and end users. Including high level Technical and Quality support.
- In conjunction with Sales and Marketing develop and implement highly effective POS materials including brochures, flyers, data sheets, case studies, power point presentations, in house and mobile demonstration facilities, product configuration and pricing software as well as mailers, lead generation programs, posters, seminars/conferences, exhibitions, e-marketing, we site and intranet etc.
- Compile and evaluate market research on competitive activity, trends, advances in technology and opportunities within current and new markets.
- Identify opportunities for new products from existing or new suppliers to fit with synergy into company portfolio.
- Manage the introduction of new products within the company’s internal and external sales teams, ensuring that they are fully competent in order to be able to promote and support the product. Also ensure that they have adequate samples and supporting literature.
- Establishing a budget for each product group/line in conjunction with the sales teams budgeting process, ensuring that there is a correlation with the end results.
- Responsible for product positioning, risk analysis, pricing, including creating specific packages in order to achieve competitive advantages within the market place whilst maintaining profitability. As well as bespoke pricing for individual sales tenders/clients.
- Communicate product feedback received from internal and external stakeholders and contributing market requirements for product planning affecting future product definition and specifications.
- Set pricing, sales volume and profitability based upon size of market, competition and customer feedback and in line with company goals.
- Establish, maintain & develop effective relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Provide on/off site technical/product sales support (UK & Europe).
Once fully competent, Day to Day Duties to include:
- Assume responsibility and manage the setting up of part numbers, bill of materials in the ASW (MRP) system and internal price and delivery module, in association with the Product Managers.
- Work with purchasing to manage inventory levels, process stock rotations, returns in line with sales requirements and budgets.
- Determine and manage initial stock packages, as well as adjustments to strategy and execution of stocking strategies by part number.
- Work with purchasing to negotiate pricing with suppliers and scheduling annual supplier blanket orders.
- Ensures integrity of system information including cost, resale, packaging information, descriptions, and other part data maintenance.
- Work with suppliers PEI sales and quality in regards to the disposition of defective goods.
- During the 15 months of this programme you will be completing an Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Experience of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic, motivated and passionate about learning
- Dynamic and flexible can do attitude
- Interest to work within a technical environment
- Interest and want to travel with your job role in the future
- Confident nature
- Friendly personality
- Flexible approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Preferred GCSE or equivalent in English, Math’s, and IT grade A* - C (5 – 9)
- 20 days paid holiday and bank holidays
- Free on- site parking
- On site staff canteen
- The opportunity to grow and progress within the business
Applications in by: 20/05/2018
Interview Date: 24/05/2018
Job Code: AP28917
« All vacancies Apply now »
Apply for this role
Please fill in all fields below marked with an asterisk(*).