Web Finance Apprentice - Garmin (Europe) Ltd
Location: Southampton SO40 9LR
Salary per week: £150
Working hours: Monday 8.30am-5.30pm (40 hours per week)
Applications in by: 29/07/2018
Interview Date: 31/07/2018
Job Code: ED29413
An Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start or develop your career with a salaried job and free training.
The role is focused within the Accounts function with strong emphasis on the administration of all web based Credit Card transactions. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in the core duties of the role and must be committed to providing an exceptional standard of service to both internal and external customers.
Three simple words that describe our products, our company, our culture…our future. As a leading, worldwide provider of navigation, we are committed to making superior products for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and sports that are an essential part of our customers’ lives.
Our “vertical integration” business model keeps all design, manufacturing, marketing and warehouse processes in-house, giving us more control over timelines, quality and service. Our user-friendly products are not only sought after for their compelling design, superior quality and best value, but they also have innovative features that enhance the lives of our customers.
Garmin has more than 11,400 associates in 50 offices worldwide.
Click to learn more about Garmin (Europe) Ltd
Duties will include:
- Processing customer refunds
- Process receipt batches in Oracle accounting system
- Assist with reconciliation of credit card transactions for web sales and returns
- Maintain a log of discrepancies on the credit card reconciliation
- Process and respond to chargeback requests
- Resolve customer credit card payment queries
- Prepare and distribute web finance related reports
- Review and maintain the web sales fraud queue
- Assist with testing as required
- Ensure compliance with company and departmental procedures
- Provide cover for EMEA Accounts Receivable as required
- Provide cover for EMEA Affiliate Support as required
- Prepare Daily Sales reporting for EMEA region
- Complete ad hoc duties as directed
- During the first 15 months you will complete:Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
- Working with Data and Information
- Gathering and analysing information
- Gathers and maintains information
- Identifies and uses appropriate sources of information
- Accurately identifies the type and form of information required
- Obtains relevant information and maintains it in appropriate formats
- Decision making
- Day to day decisions
- Follows pre-set procedures where required.
- Obtains and uses necessary information to make decisions
- Regularly reviews and agrees scope of decision making for their role
- Refers decision to others when appropriate.
- Working with People
- Managing relationships and Networking
- Builds relationships
- Adapts form and presentation of information to meet needs of the audience.
- Identifies and maintains regular contact with individuals who depend on or who influence own work
- Teamworking, Coaching and Guiding
- Is an active team member
- Encourages colleagues to contribute in teams
- Listens and gives credit to contributions which others make in teams
- Shares learning and information with colleagues
- Communicating, Influencing and Networking
- Projects a positive image
- Presents oral and written communication succinctly and with regard to its impact on the recipient.
- Presents self in a manner appropriate to the situation.
- Refers positively to the organisation, its people and its services
- Achieving Results
- Planning and organizing
- Prioritises day to day workload
- Develops daily work plans from job objectives
- Accurately prioritises key tasks
- Avoids negative impact of own actions on others.
- Deadline Management
- Completes day to day workload as required
- Carries out day to day workload as required
- Advises supervisor of potential problems and asks for guidance where necessary
- Objective setting
- Agrees objectives
- Agrees objectives set by supervisor
- Highlights any potential obstacles in achieving objectives
- Developing the Business
- Generating and building on new ideas
- Is open to the generation of ideas
- Communicates suggestions for improvements to supervisor
- Actively considers ideas presented by others
- Personal development
- Develop self
- Builds own knowledge of the organisation, its people and its services
- Seeks opportunities to develop own skills
- Accepts feedback constructively, regularly reviews and updates personal development plans
- Corporate Competencies
- Customer Focused
- Exceeds customer requirements
- Exceeds customer requirements by ensuring that their needs are met in a timely manner
- Identifies unfulfilled customer requirements and refers them upwards as required
- Looking to study Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Actions existing solutions
- Action existing solutions as appropriate
- Highlights additional customer requirements
- Is flexible with colleagues
- Identifies and actions existing solutions in a range of situations
- Co-operates with colleagues across the department
- Works co-operatively with colleagues both within their department and within the group
- Identifies opportunities where colleagues and customers can benefit from alternative approaches
- Demonstrates integrity towards individual customers
- Ensures that the interests of both the company and the customers are met
- Ensures that the company is represented to customers and suppliers in an ethical manner
- Experience with Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level
- Experience of working within technology sector
- Experience with Oracle
- Microsoft Excel to an Advanced level
- 21 days a year rising to 26 days with service, plus all public and Bank Holidays. You will also receive a day’s holiday for your birthday and an additional days holiday on your employment anniversary – both are to be used within the same month as they occur.
- Pension Scheme. Garmin has an auto enrolment pension scheme, employees will contribute 5% of basic salary and Garmin will contribute 3%
- Dental and Optical. You will be eligible to join the dental and optical plan after successful completion of your probationary period. This scheme enables you to visit your regular dentist and claim back a proportion of the price through the Aviva scheme. You can also claim back the cost of eye tests or glasses through the scheme. Each employee has a pot of £375 that they can use how they wish. Please note that this scheme is a taxable benefit.
- Associate Share Purchase Scheme (ESPP). Garmin operate an Employee Share Purchase Scheme where you will have the opportunity to buy shares in the Company after successful completion of you probationary period. There are two entry points to the scheme, January and July, with deductions made from your salary on a monthly basis and held prior to the purchase date. Employees can commit up to 10% of their salary to this scheme and shares are purchased with a 15% discount of the fair market value.
- Private Medical Scheme. You will be automatically enrolled in the Company’s Private Medical Scheme after 1 complete year of service. Please note that this scheme is a taxable benefit*
- Associate Purchase Plan. Garmin offer you the opportunity to purchase up to 10 units a year at a reduced rate on successful completion of your probationary period.
- Possibility of being offered a full time permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme
Applications in by: 29/07/2018
Interview Date: 31/07/2018
Job Code: ED29413
« All vacancies Apply now »
Apply for this role
Please fill in all fields below marked with an asterisk(*).