Understanding asbestos – a danger to long term health and wellbeing
Who is it for?
Over 4,000 deaths are attributed to asbestos related illness each year. Often hidden but easily disturbed, asbestos carries serious and wide reaching health implications. This course introduces managers, supervisors and staff, building maintenance, facilities managers and those responsible for contractors, to the regulations that apply for anyone coming into contact with asbestos.
- Recognise where the risk of exposure to asbestos can exist
- Interpret and apply the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 compliantly
- Reduce risks associated with exposure ensuring that safe principles and practices are applied
- Regulations controlling working with asbestos
- What is asbestos?
- Health effects of exposure
- Where is it used?
- The duty to manage
- Protection against the risks
- Action to take if you discover asbestos
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Principles of Risk Assessment Level 2 Award (RQF)
- Controlling Contractors (incorporating CDM Regulations)
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people