ITSSAR Lift Truck Instructor - Requalification
Maintaining the competence to train others in the correct and safe operation of lift trucks
Who is it for?
Designated and qualified instructors need to keep their skills current in order to train others in the use of Lift Trucks. This course complies with the recommendations of the Health & Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice and guidance for rider operated lift trucks operator training and safe use (L117).
- Continued on-site observation and guidance, mentoring operators in applying to best practice standards and compliance to Lift Truck operations
- Maintenance of a safe and effective operating culture, with standards being continuously applied
- Corrective tuition and driver safety test
- Practical test
- Legislation in context
- Basic principles and role of the Instructor
- Principles of instruction
- Simple skills analysis
- Classroom demonstration and administration
- Daily safety checks and operating practice
- Truck familiarisation
- Operating and corrective tuition
- Guided preparation for a practical lesson plan
- Deliver practical lesson plan to a trainee
- Feedback on strengths and weaknesses
- Introduction to the test
- Guidance throughout on all aspects of practical lesson preparation, use of marking sheets, practical test and certification of operators
Participants will be required to conduct a role playing scenario as the instructor/examiner, practicing both practical and theoretical lesson formats, examining operators to a pre-determined level of competence. In addition, they will have undergone appropriate theoretical and practical tests of basic skills and knowledge as both operator and instructor/examiner, as endorsed by the appropriate accrediting bodies.
Delegates must hold a valid accredited operator’s certificate dated within the last 6 months, and have at least 12 months’ operating experience.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people