Competence Assessment for Changing Abrasive Wheels
Reducing the risk of injury from Abrasive Wheels through tailored in company training
Who is it for?
If you are changing or using any abrasive wheels, it is a legal requirement of Health and Safety and the PUWER Regulations 1998 that you are competent to undertake the changing of such wheels. Our in-company training courses deliver theoretical and practical application of abrasive wheels, backed up by an operator assessment at the end of the course to consolidate the knowledge.
- Your company remains compliant with HSE Regulations relating to abrasive wheels
- Training is completed at your facility to reduce external costs and contextualise application
- Well trained staff reduce the risk of accidents/incidents
- Identifying hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Precautions to be observed
- Selecting the right abrasive wheel for the task
- Correctly inspect and mount an abrasive wheel/diamond blade
- Handling, storage and transport of abrasive wheels/diamond blades
- Safe working procedures when changing abrasive wheels. (This varies depending upon type of machine)
The training is held at your facility using your equipment. You will undertake a 30-minute written test consisting of 20 questions of which 15 are multiple choice.
Attendees are required to provide their own PPE.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
« All Corporate Courses courses