Controlling Contractors (incorporating CDM Regulations)
Safeguarding the integrity of health and safety practices by contractors
Who is it for?
This course is for people tasked with briefing and managing contractors, to ensure compliance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, which govern the legal compliance for commissioning construction works.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements; responsibilities of all parties, including duty holders in construction projects
- Increase competence within the business: How to plan, communicate, consult, educate and engage contractors to promote compliance
- Knowledge to monitor and review contractor performance to reduce incidents or accidents occurring
- What constitutes a contractor?
- Health and safety law and statutory duties
- Selecting and managing contractors in practice
- Planning; risk assessment, safe systems of work
- Steps; prior to, during and on completion
- General management duties applying to construction projects
- Additional duties; CDM Regulations
- Duties relating to health and safety on construction sites
- Liabilities, enforcement in respect of fire, transitional provisions
- Pre-construction information
- Construction phase plan
- Health and safety file
- Competence and training
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people