First Aid at Work - Level 3 Award
Lifesaving skills for responding to emergencies with confidence
Who is it for?
Nominated personnel tasked with responding to accident or incident situations, where emergency first aid needs to be administered swiftly and with confidence.
- Priority response to first aid situations; it could save lives!
- Vital seconds count; internal capability means a response when Emergency Services may be delayed
- Trained staff have increased awareness of hazards; potential reduction in accidents occurring
- Role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing situations:
- the unresponsive casualty and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- a choking casualty
- a casualty with external bleeding
- a casualty who is in shock
- a casualty with a minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with:
- bone/muscle/joint injuries
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- chest injuries, burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning and anaphylaxis
- a suspected major illness
Successful completion of practical tests in first aid and a theory assessment leads to achievement of the First Aid at Work Award, valid for three years. You must attend a requalification course to retain certification and Annual First Aid Skills Refreshers are recommended. Please note a reasonable standard of written and spoken English is required in order to pass the assessments.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Course dates and fees
|13 July 2020||Portsmouth||3 days||£258.00||£304.00||Spaces||Book|
|10 August 2020||Portsmouth||3 days||£258.00||£304.00||Spaces||Book|
- Location: Portsmouth
- Duration: 3 days
- Member +VAT: £258.00
- Non-member +VAT: £304.00
- Availability: Spaces
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people