First Aid at Work Requalification – Level 3 Award
Keeping first aid skills current and relevant to emergency situations
Who is it for?
This course is for qualified first aiders who are required to requalify within three years to retain the validity of their qualification, and to maintain the currency of their knowledge of changing approaches and techniques in delivering first aid.
- Keeps internal competence current to new developments and techniques in administering first aid
- Maintains the ability to respond to emerging situations; rapid response could save lives!
- Refresher; first aider role and responsibilities
- How to assess an incident
- Recognise and manage casualties who are:
- unresponsive, choking, bleeding, in shock
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Managing a casualty with a minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with:
- bone/muscle/joint injuries
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- chest injuries, burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning and anaphylaxis
- a suspected major illness
Successful completion of practical and theory tests leads to retention of the First Aid at Work Award, valid for three years. Attendance to First Aid Skills - Annual Refreshers are recommended.
A reasonable standard of written and spoken English is required in order to pass the assessments.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Course dates and fees
|8 July 2019||Portsmouth||2 days||£178.00||£210.00||Full|
|19 August 2019||Portsmouth||2 days||£178.00||£210.00||Spaces||Book|
- Location: Portsmouth
- Duration: 2 days
- Member +VAT: £178.00
- Non-member +VAT: £210.00
- Availability: Full
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people