Instructional Techniques for Mechanical Handling Equipment
Train your operators to train others
Who is it for?
Larger organisations may have a number of lift truck operators and, at times, it makes sense to consider having the in-house capability to train lift truck operators and to manage lift truck operations. This five day, cost-effective PETA course is designed to instil solid principles of practical and theory based training.
- Internal staff are equipped with the skills and knowledge to develop and deliver practical training sessions, that reduce dependency on outsourcing some training needs
- Trained staff will be able to construct, conduct and objectively mark a practical test of operators’ ability to the HSE standard
- Corrective tuition and driver safety test
- Practical test
- Basic principles and role of the instructor
- Principles of instruction
- Simple skills analysis
- Classroom demonstration and administration
- Daily safety checks and operating practice
- Truck familiarisation
- Operating and corrective tuition
- Guided preparation for a practical lesson plan
- Deliver practical lesson plan to a trainee
- Giving feedback on strengths and weaknesses
- Introduction to the practical test
- Practical lesson preparation, use of marking sheets, practical test and certification of operators
This course complies with the recommendations of the Health & Safety Executive (HSE)’s Approved Code of Practice and Guidance for rider-operated lift trucks, operator training and safe use (L117).
Participants will conduct a role playing scenario as the instructor/examiner, covering both practical and theory lesson formats, examining operators to a pre-determined level of competence. In addition they will undergo appropriate theoretical and practical tests of basic skills and knowledge as both operator and instructor/examiner.
Successful candidates will be certificated by PETA, valid for three years.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people