Introduction to Basic Electrical Installation
Ideal for anyone wanting a stepping stone into the electrical installation industry
Who is it for?
This course will give you a basic working knowledge of the principles of electrical engineering and will also cover safe working practices.
- Increase staff awareness of electrical installation to enable safe working practices
- Practical application - wire an intermediate lighting circuit, a ring main circuit, a motor control circuit and wiring of junction boxes and terminals
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Introduction to 18th Edition
- Electrical safety, safe system of work and permit to work
- Ohms law, relationship between voltage, current and resistance and basic electrical calculations
- AC Generation and Transformer Principles
- AC Starters - theory of operation
- Protection devices including fuses, MCBs, RCDs and RCCBs
- Understanding simple electrical drawings and simple circuit diagrams
- Electrical systems testing – continuity, polarity, insulation resistance
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- PAT Testing - EAL Level 3 Award in the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)(QCF)
- 18th Edition – Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installation BS7671-: July 2018
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people