Introduction to MIG Welding
An excellent foundation and refresher course in MIG welding
Who is it for?
This course focuses on safety and the best-practice techniques and skills of MIG welding. The course combines theory and practical instruction, and attendees will learn how to manage and assess MIG welding tasks as well as how to tackle a welding task yourself.
- Check the equipment is set up safely and understand potential dangers that could arise by the incorrect use of the equipment
- Adjust voltage/current to suit work
- Recognize and rectify faults and causes.
- Be able to weld in the flat position
- Safe working practices (personal, electrical and equipment)
- Welding terminology and weld symbols
- Setting the weld conditions
- Care and use of gas cylinders, hoses and valves
- Appreciation of gas pressure and flow rates
- Setting up procedures and tack welding
- Selection and use of electrode wire
- Practical exercises in welding techniques of lap and butt joints
- Identification of welding defects and rectification requirements
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people