Introduction to Safe Working with Chemicals
Reducing exposure and protecting health
Who is it for?
This course offers an introduction to working with chemicals safely in the workplace.
Ability to identify key legislation applicable to chemicals, understand the basic terms used in toxicology and on Safety Data Sheets. Understand the hazards and risks associated with using chemicals. Overall help to reduce the human and financial cost of harm or injury caused by hazardous substances.Course overview
- An overview of legislation applicable to chemicals with special emphasis the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (as amended) (COSHH)
- An introduction to COSHH risk assessments
- An explanation of the physical forms of chemicals and the relevance of this to their routes of entry and control measures
- An introduction to the classification of hazardous substances and their associated health risks with reference to the Classification, Labelling and Packaging Regulations
- Introduction to control measures, occupational hygiene techniques and the safe handling of chemicals
Upon completion of the course a short assessment will be carried out.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Course dates and fees
|16 September 2020||Portsmouth||1 day||£319.00||£376.00||Spaces||Book|
|18 March 2021||Portsmouth||1 day||£319.00||£376.00||Spaces||Book|
- Location: Portsmouth
- Duration: 1 day
- Member +VAT: £319.00
- Non-member +VAT: £376.00
- Availability: Spaces
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people