IOSH Safety For Executives and Directors
A critical preventative strategy to reduce the risk to your business reputation and wellbeing
Who is it for?
Many cases brought to prosecution by the HSE recently were directly attributable to failures of leadership to manage health and safety. This course is designed for senior level management with responsibility for setting the strategy and leading safety in business.
- Manage corporate risk, considering the moral and legal case for safety, health and risk management
- Assess the implications of failure to comply with legislation; costs to your business/employee wellbeing
- Drive robust health and safety management systems to reduce financial and ethical risk
- Role of Senior Executives and Directors
- Financial impact of accidents/ill-health
- UK legislation, court outcomes; prosecutions and punishment
- The HSG65 model:
- Plan (policy/risk assessment/emergency planning/consultation)
- Do (risk profiling/communication/training/the supply chain)
- Check (measuring performance/accident causation/investigation/auditing)
- Act (leadership/safety management/continuous improvement)
- Managing corporate risk; a positive culture
- Implementing practical systems
Achievement is through successful completion of a short multi-format assessment at the close of the course.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Course dates and fees
|12 August 2019||Portsmouth||1 day||£267.00||£315.00||Spaces||Book|
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people