ITSSAR Lift Truck Instructor - Novice
Developing the skills to train other operators in safe and industry recognised standards
Who is it for?
Larger organisations may have a number of lift truck operators and at times, it makes sense to consider having an in-house capability to train lift truck operators. This accredited course is designed to instil solid principles of practical and theory based training and is offered at two levels; a full Instructors course (10 days), for those new to instructing others and a re-qualification course (3-5 days dependent on the number of participants) for existing Instructors who must demonstrate they remain competent to instruct to current standards. This course complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice and Guidance for rider operated lift trucks operator training and safe use (L117).
- Reduced costs and increased flexibility to train operators with your own Instructors, in your own facility rather than outsource the training
- On-site continuing observation and guidance, mentoring operators in applying to best practice standards and compliance to Lift Truck operations
- Development of a safe and effective operating culture, with standards being continuously applied
- Corrective tuition and driver safety test
- Practical test
- Legislation in context
- Basic principles and role of the Instructor
- Principles of instruction
- Simple skills analysis
- Classroom demonstration and administration
- Daily safety checks and operating practice
- Truck familiarisation
- Operating and corrective tuition
- Guided preparation for a practical lesson plan
- Deliver practical lesson plan to a trainee
- Feedback on strengths and weaknesses
- Introduction to the test
- Guidance throughout on all aspects of practical lesson preparation, use of marking sheets, practical test and certification of operators
Participants will be required to conduct a role playing scenario as the instructor/examiner, practicing both practical and theoretical lesson formats, examining operators to a pre-determined level of competence. In addition, they will have undergone appropriate theoretical and practical tests of basic skills and knowledge as both operator and instructor/examiner, as endorsed by the appropriate accrediting bodies.
Delegates must hold a valid accredited operator’s certificate dated within the last 6 months, and have at least 12 months’ operating experience.
Course dates and fees
|17 June 2019||Portsmouth||10 days||£1,905.00||£2,242.00||Spaces||Book|
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people