LEAN Six Sigma – Green Belt
Creating a continuous improvement environment
Who is it for?
For those who are involved in optimising daily operations to create a continuous improvement environment. This Five-day interactive course will provide the tools and techniques to allow staff to lead projects to a LEAN Six Sigma standard.
Strong, effective and clear improvement techniques resulting in;
- Understand and apply the DMAIC process (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control)
- Increased knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma to a Green Belt Standard
- Increased ability utilising a variety of tools on larger scale projects to deliver results
- What is LEAN?
- LEAN history
- Who uses it?
- How can it benefit the company?
- Why do we need it?
- 8 Wastes – What are they and have we got them in the business?
- VA & NVA – What is it?
- Work Balance Boards
- Visual Factory – What is it?
- Kanban system
- What is Six Sigma?
- Where can it be used?
- How does it link to LEAN?
- House of Continuous Improvement
- Operational definitions
- Process Mapping
Day 1 – LEAN: Reduce waste” by eliminating or reducing unnecessary steps in any given process. To reduce costs using “tools” from the given methodology. 7 Wastes, 6S, 5Y’s, numbers game and work balance boards. Team exercises
Day 2 – Six Sigma: Define. Looking at the DMAIC methodology. Establishing how we can reduce variability within the process. Defining what pain points, bottle necks and defects cause consistent increases to cost. Using “tools” such as Y=f(x), Voice of the Customer (VOC), Process mapping, Value Stream Mapping and Project Charter. Team exercise
Day 3 – Measure: Establishing that we have to Measure the facts & data about the issue or concern at hand, not hear say or the white noise. Using Ishikawa (Fishbone diagram), Common & Special cause variation. Team exercise
Day 4 – Analyse: Understanding that we must analyse the data & facts we have collated at our Measure phase. Using “tools” Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO), Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Gauge R & R. Team exercise
- Day 5 – Improve: Investigating new process map to eradicate the defects within the process, calculating new DPMO & drawing up Pay Off matrix. Control: Controlling the changes that have been instigated, error proofing so that the process cannot slip backwards, Prevention Vs Detection & Control limits. Team exercise
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Course dates and fees
|6 January 2020||Portsmouth||5 days||£1,395.00||£1,642.00||Spaces||Book|
|18 May 2020||Portsmouth||5 days||£1,395.00||£1,642.00||Spaces||Book|
- Location: Portsmouth
- Duration: 5 days
- Member +VAT: £1,395.00
- Non-member +VAT: £1,642.00
- Availability: Spaces
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people