Manual Handling Awareness
Protecting the backbone of your business
Who is it for?
This half day course is ideally suited to anyone who carries out tasks involving lifting or moving, and is relevant for those supervising manual handling operations so that they can guide in best practice and reduce the potential for incidents or accidents.
- Application of safe systems of work to reduce injury or harm caused though moving items
- Correct use of handling equipment in supporting good lifting and moving techniques
- Empower employees who can highlight and avoid hazards and their potential danger
- What constitutes manual handling
- How the human body works in relation to manual handling
- Types of injuries and accident rates
- Assessing the task and situation; selecting the right method
- Applying regulations and best practice
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Manual Handling - Train the Trainer
- Principles of Risk Assessment Level 2 Award (RQF)
- IOSH Working Safely
Course dates and fees
|15 May 2020||Portsmouth||1 half-day||£122.00||£144.00||Spaces||Book|
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people