Manual Handling - Train the Trainer
Avoid the strain; reducing musculoskeletal disorders through training good handling techniques
Who is it for?
This course is designed to develop trainers who will be responsible for training others in manual handling techniques, either as a group or on a one-to-one basis, in best practice to reduce the potential for injury.
- Reduction in costly injury and absence caused through poor manual handling
- Legal compliance; ability to promote application of controls to reduce hazards and risks
- Internal training capability; reduction of costs of outsourcing training
- What constitutes manual handling
- How the human body works in relation to manual handling
- Types of injuries and accident rates
- Assessing the situation
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Applying regulations and best practice
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Planning training delivery
- Training aids, communication and questioning
- Techniques to deliver confidently and with impact
- Preparing to instruct
- Evaluating and assessing
- Micro training sessions
Delegates will deliver a micro training session as part of this course for peer review and feedback.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Course dates and fees
|17 June 2019||Portsmouth||2 days||£373.00||£439.00||Spaces||Book|
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people