Mental Health First Aid Champions
Recognise and support mental health wellbeing
Who is it for?
Any member of staff to help them understand mental health and how they can offer support to those experiencing a mental health issue(s). This interactive course will provide an overview in recognising the main signs and symptoms of mental ill health and how to provide the right initial support of someone experiencing a mental health issue.
- Recognise the main signs and symptoms of mental illness and poor mental health
- Raise awareness of mental health in the workplace and increase understanding across the business
- Reduce stigma around mental health
- What is mental health?
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Stress vulnerability and the stress container model
- The mental health continuum
- Thinking distortions
- Mental Health conditions (Depression, anxiety disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, eating disorders, Mental health and risk: suicide and self-harm)
- Stigma and mental health issues
- Take 10 Together Toolkit – tips for supportive conversations
- Helpful resources
- Useful statistics
This is a Certificated course (MHFA England)
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Course dates and fees
|3 August 2020||Portsmouth||1 day||£258.00||£304.00||Spaces||Book|
« All Corporate Courses courses