Mental Health First Aid
Recognise, support and help your staff towards mental health wellbeing
Who is it for?
This course will benefit senior managers, HR and anyone with responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of their staff along with creating and sustaining a mentally healthy work environment. This interactive two day course will provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and prevent mental health issues getting worse, speeding up recovery.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide effective support and guidance
- Increase wellbeing levels of staff
- Reduction in the knock on effects of mental health issues on employees and the workplace
- Raise awareness of mental ill health and increase mental health literacy
- Reduce stigma around mental ill health
- Comprehensive training materials including MHFA manual and Line Manager’s Resource
- Certified course (MHFA England)
- Why Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)?
- The MHFA action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms and risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resource for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders and self-harm
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Course dates and fees
|26 March 2019||Portsmouth||2 days||£770.00||£900.00||Spaces||Book|
« All Corporate Courses courses