NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
Proving your business commitment to environmental credibility under the NEBOSH brand
Who is it for?
Aimed at those within an organisation who have responsibility for managing environmental issues as part of their day-to-day duties, this course focuses on environmental law and environmental management systems, in a manner that enables the policy and practical implications to be considered and applied.
- The capability to support the development of systems, policy, organisation and planning to reduce your business impact on the environment (and fines and penalties that can follow poor practice)
- Implementation of controls over environmental impacts, where they exist and how to reduce them
- Competence to conduct practical environmental reviews of a workplace to support legal compliance
- Environmental management – what does this mean?
- Environmental management systems
- Environmental impact assessments
- Control of:
- emissions to air
- contamination of water resources
- waste and land use
- Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
- Control of environmental noise
- Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
- Environmental practical application
Unit EC1 is a taught unit, assessed by a two-hour written examination. Unit EC2 is assessed by completion of a three-hour practical examination involving an environmental review and report carried out in the candidate’s own workplace.
NEBOSH suggest that at least 33 hours of private study time is allocated by delegates on the programme, in addition to the taught component.
No previous environmental knowledge is required, however the standard of English of candidates studying for this programme must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
Course dates and fees
|17 October 2018||Portsmouth||7.5 days||£1,087.00||£1,279.00||Spaces||Book|
|17 April 2019||Portsmouth||7.5 days||£1,087.00||£1,279.00||Spaces||Book|
- Location: Portsmouth
- Duration: 7.5 days
- Member +VAT: £1,087.00
- Non-member +VAT: £1,279.00
- Availability: Spaces
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people