NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
Ensuring your employees’ route to safety in the event of a fire
Who is it for?
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management is the ideal choice for Facilities and Health and Safety Managers, Health and Safety Officers or anyone taking responsibility for conducting and managing fire risk assessments in your business, as it sets out clearly the steps and methods for reducing the potential for an incident related to fire.
- Ensure that companies understand and are able to meet legal compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Competence to conduct and complete fire risk assessments
- Internal ability to implement preventative or control measures to reduce risks
NGC1: Management of health and safety
- Health and safety policy
- Organising for health and safety
- Promoting a health and safety culture
- Risk assessment in context
- Principles of control
- Monitoring, review and audit
- Incident investigation, recording and reporting
FC1: Fire safety and risk management
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fires
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
FC2: Fire safety practical application
- Risk assessment in a work context
The syllabus requires 70 hours delivered tuition and completion of 55 hours of private study. Delegates must sit and pass two exams (NGC1 and FC1) and submit a practical risk assessment project (FC2).
If you hold an existing NEBOSH General Certificate that is less than five years old, you can take the FC1 and FC2 components over 6 days of training followed by the exam, without having to retake NGC1. Please contact us for more details and prices. No previous health and safety knowledge is required, however the standard of English of candidates studying for this programme must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH suggest that at least 55 hours of private study time is allocated by delegates on the programme, in addition to the taught component.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Course dates and fees
|14 March 2019||Portsmouth||13 days||£1,727.00||£2,032.00||Spaces||Book|
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people