NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety – Distance Learning Programme
The flexible route to attaining NEBOSH: the internationally recognised Health and Safety qualification
Who is it for?
Those tasked with leading or managing health and safety in the workplace, but with limited time to spend away from day-to-day activities. Fully supported with access to comprehensive distance learning materials and a PETA Safety Tutor (accessed remotely via email or telephone), this course requires between 80-100 hours of study, to be completed prior to the final assessment.
- How to support the development of health and safety systems and policies
- Controls over workplace hazards; recognising where they exist and how to reduce them
- How to conduct a practical assessment of a workplace situation
- Health and safety practical application (GC3)
- Introduction to distance learning (planning your learning using materials provided)
- Four sessions of tutorial support – 2 hours per session (at PETA or via telephone)
- Homework, marking and feedback for each module
- Exam requirements (access and booking process) NGC1 Distance materials: Management of health and safety
- Foundations in health and safety; legal requirements, moral and financial issues, health and safety management systems (policy, organising, planning, measuring, audit and review) GC2 Distance materials: Controlling workplace hazards
- Workplace hazards and risk controls:
- Transport and work equipment, Musculoskeletal and Electrical and fire safety
- Health hazards and risk control
- Chemical, biological, physical and psychological GC3 Distance materials: Health and safety practical application
- Practical assignment within the workplace resulting in a management report
Units NGC1 and GC2 are each assessed by a two-hour written examination. Unit GC3 is assessed by one two-hour practical assessment carried out in the candidate’s own workplace. Candidates have access to booking their exams (all or individual units), which are scheduled quarterly by NEBOSH and held at PETA’s centre in Cosham, Portsmouth.
Registration is valid for a period of two years from date of enrolment. During the course, delegates can access tutorial guidance and will receive feedback on homework submissions. Exams must be booked and completed within the two year time frame from point of registration. Exam fees are not included in the quoted fee and are charged separately at £50 per module (total of £150 for three modules - NGC1, GC2 and GC3) chargeable when the delegate requests to book to attend the scheduled exam dates.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH Revision Workshop - NGC1
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people