NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH: The internationally recognised Health and Safety qualification for safety professionals
Who is it for?
NEBOSH is the qualification of choice for those in a managerial or specialist role, tasked with health and safety advisory and management responsibilities. Combining risk assessment, control, auditing, analysis, accident prevention, reporting and practical applications this course will provide the knowledge and practical skills needed to support workplace safety.
- The ability within the business to support the development of systems, policy, organisation and planning
- Exercise control over workplace hazards, recognising where they exist and how to reduce them
- Competence in how to conduct a practical assessment of a workplace
- Compliance with health and safety legislation reducing likelihood of fines and prosecutions
NGC1: Management of health and safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety legal requirements, moral and financial issues
- Health and safety management systems (policy, organising, planning, measuring, audit and review) GC2: Controlling workplace hazards
- Workplace hazards and risk controls
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and control GC3: Health and safety practical application
- Practical assignment within the workplace resulting in a management report
Units NGC1 and GC2 are taught units, each assessed by a two-hour written examination. Unit GC3 is assessed by one two-hour practical examination carried out in the candidate’s own workplace.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required, however the standard of English of candidates studying for this programme must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH suggest that at least 53 hours of private study time is allocated by delegates on the programme, in addition to the taught component.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people