Purchasing and Procurement – The Basics
Creating strong collaborative relationships with suppliers
Who is it for?
Procurement is now recognised as an integral part of cost control within a business. This course is for those who work with suppliers to bring in goods and services and are looking to build effective and strong purchasing relationships at work.
- Control and influence the supply chain and purchasing cycle
- Utilise the tools and strategies for making purchasing decisions
- Negotiate the process of managing bids to a successful conclusion
- Describe what the supply chain is
- The procurement departments role
- The principles of the purchasing cycle
- The steps needed to manage a competitive bid
- Setting up a competitive bid for a contract
- Manage supplier performance, including controlling quality and setting monitoring controls
- Improving efficiency and accuracy
- Managing internal relationships
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Self-Directed High Performing Teams
- The Pillars of Modern Leadership
Course dates and fees
|17 March 2020||Portsmouth||1 day||£235.00||£276.00||Spaces||Book|
« All Corporate Courses courses