QA Level 2 Award in citizenAID (RQF)
Learn to take control, as a citizen, in a multiple casualty incident
Who is it for?
This practical course is designed for anyone who needs to learn lifesaving skills and techniques in the event of a deliberate multiple casualty incident. Delegates will develop the skills and knowledge needed to guide them to react safely, to pass effective messages to the emergency services, to prioritise the injured and to give life-saving first aid in the event of a shooting, stabbing, bombing or other deliberate incident. This combination of effective organisation and immediate treatment will help to save lives.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Use the citizenAID app/pocket guide in an emergency situation
- Provide immediate first aid to an unresponsive casualty who is breathing
- Provide first aid to a casualty with severe external bleeding.
- Use the citizenAID app/pocket guide to determine appropriate actions to take in the event of:
- Active shooter or knife attacker
- Suspect bomb
- Exploded bomb
- Use the citizenAID app/pocket guide to:
- Communicate an incident report to the emergency services
- Triage multiple casualties
- Provide a casualty handover to the emergency services
- Open a casualty’s airway and check breathing
- Place a casualty into the recovery position
- Demonstrate packing and applying pressure to a wound using:
- Improvised dressings
- Manufactured dressings
- Demonstrate the application of:
- An improvised tourniquet
- A manufactured tourniquet
Practical assessments will be undertaken throughout the course.
This qualification is valid for a period of 3 years. Delegates need to retake the qualification before the certificate expiry date to remain qualified. Each delegate will receive a citizenAID pocket guide or guidance on using the citizenAID app on their smartphone.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people