Setting in place safe standards for reach operations
Who is it for?
This course is for new operators of lift truck equipment (specifically Reach trucks), holding no or limited, prior experience of operating this type of equipment.
- Reach truck operators are qualified to a national standard as recommended by the HSE
- Operators are trained to carry out systematic and thorough lift truck user checks prior to operation
- Re-assurance the safe and correct loading, unloading, stacking and de-stacking procedures are being used
- Legislation and the Operators’ Safety Code
- Lift truck stability and weight assessment
- Introduction to the lift truck:
- Operator user checks
- Recording the defects
- Developing driving skills:
- Operator practice
- Start, stop and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stack and de-stack procedures
- Stacking and de-stacking of pallets in varying conditions
Our courses are accredited by ITSSAR and/or NPORS. To achieve a full certificate, delegates must pass all theory papers and practical assessments to a nationally recognised standard.
Please note the duration of the training is based upon the numbers attending; 1 delegate = 3 days, 2 delegtates = 4 days and 3 delegates = 5 days
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people