Continually applying the operators’ code of practice to Lift Truck operations
Who is it for?
Lift truck operators already holding a current certificate of competence and need to refresh their skills within a 3-5 year period, in accordance with the HSE’s Approved Code of Practice and Guidance L117. This course is designed to provide a refresher and update on current methods and legislation related to safe practice.
- Safe working practices are maintained, reducing the potential for accidents or incidents occurring
- A regime of best practice in completing pre use systematic lift truck operator checks are maintained
- Operators are refreshed in the correct/updated loading, unloading, stacking and de-stacking procedures
- Legislation and the Operators’ Safety Code
- Lift truck stability and weight assessment
- Introduction to the lift truck:
- Operator user checks
- Recording the defects
- Developing driving skills:
- Operator practice
- Start, stop and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stack and de-stack procedures
- Stacking and de-stacking of pallets in varying conditions
Our courses are accredited by ITSSAR and/or NPORS. Our courses combine theory with practical assessment of operators’ competence to ensure that all lift truck operations are conducted safely and to the operating skill levels that are required by the HSE. To achieve full certificate, operators must complete a written and practical test to a nationally recognised standard.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people