Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces – City & Guilds 6150-02
Develop skills and knowledge to a recognised City and Guilds qualification
Who is it for?
This qualification is aimed at operatives and supervisors or any person exposed to working in confined spaces. Although primarily aimed at operatives, it offers the necessary foundation for all persons looking to progress their understanding of confined space entry and managing these working situations.
- Understanding of the relevant legislation relating to confined spaces including Confined Space Regulations and Water UK Confined spaces classifications
- Proficiency in identifying the hazards and risks associated with this kind of work and the attendant control measures to be used
- Replicate live scenarios using our purpose-built confined space training unit for practical training
- Develops understanding of various gas monitoring, entry and breathing equipment
- Provides candidates with an actual qualification (6150-02 City and Guilds)
- Understanding of Confined Spaces Regulations 1997 and other applicable legislation and standards
- Identification of the varied hazards and risks presented when working in confined spaces
- Identification and application of appropriate control measures
- Safe use and pre-inspection of equipment: gas monitoring, entry equipment (tripod, winch, fall arrest mechanisms, harnesses and safety lines)
- Safe use of compressed air escape breathing apparatus
- The use and importance of safe systems of work
- Reacting safely and effectively in an emergency
Qualifies candidates to enter ‘Medium’ risk confined spaces with compressed air escape breathing apparatus and associated equipment, gaining a City and Guilds 6150-02 Certificate, valid for 3 years.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people