Article summary: Guidance for employers and customers on the opening of PETA centres in Cosham and Havant. Information on our COVID-19 health and safety plans and risk assessment.
Following a period of site closure due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are pleased to announce that we are shortly re-commencing course delivery and programmes of practical learning at PETA's Training Centre in Cosham and at our Engineering Centre in Havant.
Whilst remote delivery of programmes has proven highly successful for our apprentices, there is an expectation from the Government that as an apprenticeship training provider, we will open our centres for in-person training from 15 June for Cosham, and 22 June for Havant.
Combined with the fact that many of our customers have expressed a desire to continue with their plans for staff training and development, these two factors have encouraged us to put in place robust measures that will enable us to offer our services at a time when skills remain paramount to business stability, recovery and growth.
To recommence operational delivery, we have adopted a safe and robust approach to assessing and preparing the centres and our staff to promote the safety and wellbeing of all visitors coming to our centres. The following offers a brief summary of those steps:
- A comprehensive COVID-19 Risk Assessment in place for both sites
- Deep cleans of both sites prior to opening
- Staff and tutor education to ensure they understand and adhere to our Risk Assessment and control measures
- Limited course and apprenticeship class occupancy
- Pre-course joining instructions to inform delegates of the measures that apply and their part in supporting us to promote a safe environment
- Self-declaration to reduce people at risk of carrying or presenting symptoms from entering our centres
- The provision of PPE and sanitising gel
- Additional daily cleaning operatives to clean surfaces and areas at risk of harbouring the virus
- Staggering Start and Finish times for courses to manage the flow of people around the buildings
- Continual auditing of observed practice
- Weekly Risk Assessment review and actions to build on our existing controls
In what is an everchanging situation, these are just some of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of everyone who enters a PETA centre. We hope it provides the reassurance of the care of your employees when they come to one of our sites. If you would like to speak to a member of our team about our control measures or should you require visibility of our Risk Assessment, please do let us know.
If you are currently completing an apprenticeship with PETA, a member of the team will contact you regarding a return date for your group.
Alongside our ‘face-to-face' programme delivery, we are developing a range of eLearning short courses that will be available in the near future. In addition to this, our team of L&D experts are available now to help you develop tailored learning solutions that will have a positive impact on your teams' skills and wellbeing as we all adjust to the new 'normal'. Please contact us to discuss your business training needs and how we can help.
With this being our 50th year as Hampshire's leading Training and Apprenticeship Provider, we thank you for your continued patience and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you to our centres in the near future.
Sign up to receive news and updates...
Our customers have access to cutting edge information and insights, specifically tailored to them and their industry. Get the latest opinion and expert views through news, events, case studies and apprentice stories.