Article summary: We’re making sure that our centres are as safe as possible so you can continue learning.
Times are tough right now, but please be assured that PETA are here to help.
During the lockdown from January 2021, both PETA centres at Cosham and Havant will remain open. Apprenticeship education and our schedule of professional training courses will continue as planned.
We’re making sure that our centres are as safe as possible so our apprentices can continue learning and our customers can continue progressing with their qualifications and courses.
We have adopted a safe and robust approach to managing safety in our centres to ensure the wellbeing of all staff, customers and visitors.
The following offers a brief summary of those steps:
- A COVID-19 cleaning operative will be on site to assist in dining hall cleaning, handrails and touch points throughout the centre at peak times.
- A site cleaning contractor cleans the centres daily, out of hours
- PPE, gloves, hand sanitiser, face coverings and anti-bacterial wipes are available at reception and within all training rooms for staff, apprentices and customers.
- Courses are running at a limited occupancy to ensure social distancing of 2 metres can always be maintained.
- Where social distancing cannot be maintained in some courses, customers and staff will be asked to wear face coverings.
- Both Cosham and Havant centres operate a one-way system around the building
- Wrapped, cold plated meals are provided to customers in place of hot dinners
- New course joining instructions are shared with customers to inform them of measures that apply and their part in supporting us to promote a safe environment
- A self-declaration form must be completed at reception to reduce people at risk of carrying or presenting symptoms from entering our centres
- Course start and finish times have been staggered to manage the flow of people around the buildings
- Health and Safety Reps carry out regular risk assessments and to continually assess safety and compliance in line with government regulations
These are just some of the steps we are taking to ensure you are kept safe whenever you enter a PETA centre. If you would like to speak to a member of our team about our control measures or should you require visibility of our Risk Assessment, please do let us know.
With most courses running at limited capacity, we have developed a range of online short courses that are available now, including:
- Virtual Train the Trainer
- Developing a Growth Mindset
- Managing a Growth Mindset
- Leading your team remotely
More courses will be added to this suite shortly.
In addition to this, our team are available now to help you with health and safety compliance, risk assessments, advice and guidance to ensure your workplace is COVID-19 safe and in line with HSE regulations. For more information, get in touch via the form below.
Get in touch...
For more information on our safety practices or to discuss safety in your workplace with our Health and Safety experts, please get in touch.