Interested in a career in Engineering?
This free Diploma in Engineering runs from September 2018 in our Havant Engineering Centre, which is easy to access by car, bus or train.
This level 2 course is two and a half days a week running Wednesday/Thursday, 8.30am until 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am -1.00pm.
The course is designed to give you not only the practical, hands-on skills in working within an engineering environment but also the technical know-how for your first steps to become an engineer.
Join us to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding of the principles, methods and technology involved in a range of engineering disciplines.
We cover all aspects of engineering technical roles including; mechanical/electrical maintenance, machinist, toolmaker, product design, technical support, fabrication and welding,
The course lets you try all of the above, so that once completed you can specialise in the type of engineering that you enjoy the most.
The course is based in our Engineering Training Centre in Havant Hampshire, and includes the opportunity to undertake a work placement in an engineering company to gain hands on experience and look at how they operate.
Our company is owned by local businesses so we can offer you a work placement and future progression for the right candidates into apprenticeships in engineering companies, ensuring that you get the best possible start in your engineering career.
If you'd like to find out more, give us a call on 023 9253 8724 or fill in the contact form below
On completion of this course, you will achieve;
- Diploma in engineering technologies – level 2
- Functional Skills Maths and English - level 2 (if required)
Options following your course:
- You will have an opportunity to progress into an apprenticeship with an employer (PETA will assist you with this)
- You may prefer to continue your studies at PETA through a level 3 BTEC or level 3 Diploma
- You will have some invaluable skills that you could take to a new employer
Diploma in engineering and technology - level 2
- Mandatory units:
- Engineering environment awareness
- Engineering techniques
- Engineering principles
Optional Units, selection of 4 units relevant to the pathway:
- Electrical and electronic principlas
- Fabrication and welding principals
- Engineering maintenance techniques
- Fitting and assembly techniques
To be able to start this programme you need to be aged 16-18 with GCSE’s at grade D or above in English and Maths.
Travel costs of up to £5 a day will be paid by PETA.
This is a full-time programme starting in September (two days and a half days a week completing in July)
Apply now! Call us on 023 9253 872