PETA Ltd (formerly known as Portsmouth Engineering Training Association) was founded in 1970 by Alex Zemenides when he was Managing Director of Sealectro Ltd. Together with five other companies he based the Association in Southsea. The combined vision of this group was to establish an organisation, controlled by local business, that would be free from external influences to concentrate on the training and development of people employed, or about to be employed, in industry and commerce.
PETA Ltd is a registered charity, directed by an executive council, elected from the Membership. It operates on a self-financing basis and is non-profit making, with funds reinvested to expand services and training.
PETA Ltd is now one of the largest and most respected training organisations on the south coast and continues to build on this reputation.
- 45 years experience
- Over 300 member companies (and many more non-members utilising the services)
- 70 staff operating across 3 sites
- Dedicated Engineering Training Centre in Havant (Apprenticeship, courses and Engineering Skills Delivery)
- Management, Training and Conference Centre in Cosham, just outside of Portsmouth with extensive facilities
- Business Training Centre in central Portsmouth for the training of young adults undertaking Apprenticeships or courses
- ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 certificated company
- Investors in People Award
- Matrix registration
- Thousands of young people have made the transition from school/college to work through courses and Apprenticeships with the support of local employers