Article summary: We host Safety, Health and Environmental Breakfast Briefings twice a year to update delegates on any topics and issues that are likely to impact health, safety, environmental policy and practice in the near future.
We outline forthcoming changes in legislation and explore case law and topics that we expect to become relevant in the coming months.
These briefings are extremely valuable and ideally suited to health and safety personnel or anyone with an interest in the area. During the session, our in-house experts will take you through the topics, giving you the opportunity to discuss, debate and ask questions along the way.
Our briefings provide the ideal networking opportunity and the chance to mix with like-minded peers and colleagues, exchanging ideas on best practice whilst enjoying a cuppa and a breakfast roll.
We’ve been running our breakfast briefings since 2013 and during the pandemic we moved them online and made them free of charge to entice delegates to sign up. We held two online events in 2021 and when one sold out, we added an additional session to accommodate everyone who wished to attend.
The event costs just £44 per person, offering great value for money. We offer discounts to PETA members and for bulk bookings; if you’re booking for 2-3 people you will receive a 5% discount, 4-5 people will receive an 8% discount and a booking for 6 or more will benefit from a 12% discount.
Our next event is taking place on Friday 22 April from 7.30am-10.30am at our Portsmouth training centre in Northarbour Road, Cosham. The itinerary is as follows:
- What constitutes a ‘contractor’?
- Selecting and managing contractors in practice
- Planning; risk assessment, safe systems of work
Internal Auditing of Contractors
- Common problems and barriers to auditing contracts
- Creating an audit plan
- Identifying and responding when audit requirements are not met
- Next steps
Restart a heart
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation refresher
- CPR and Covid-19
- Practical activity
5 reasons to book on:
- As a training provider, we’re at the forefront of health and safety policy and practice
- Learn from and interact with our industry experts to enhance your own knowledge
- Give your health and safety staff the opportunity to maintain their knowledge as part of their Continuing Professional Development
- Health and safety teams could utilise the briefings as team building opportunities
- Mix with a range of like-minded professionals and take advantage of the chance to network
We welcome feedback on our briefings as well as any ideas for topics that could be covered at future events so please get in touch!
If you’re interested in attending the April briefing, please book online soon to secure your place.
Sign up to receive news and updates...
Our customers have access to cutting edge information and insights, specifically tailored to them and their industry. Get the latest opinion and expert views through news, events, case studies and apprentice stories.