Many college leavers face the hard decision about what to do next - uni or get a job, but it’s important to remember that there’s a third, very attractive option too - an apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships are a great choice as they offer the chance to get started on your career straight away - meaning you’ll be making money from the get go - whilst also gaining valuable qualifications without the huge costs of a degree.
Apprenticeships offer on-the-job training so you learn a role that you are interested in and gain loads of work experience too. They are available in a variety of roles and with a range of employers, enabling you to identify a job you like the sound of, an industry you want to get into or even a company you’ve always fancied working for.
Why go for an apprenticeship?
- You’ll bag yourself a secure job in an area you’re interested in.
- Earn money from the day you start; it’s also highly likely that your salary will increase upon completion of your apprenticeship.
- You’ll gain a range of qualifications as part of the apprenticeship.
- Benefit from in-depth training for the role you’ve secured, meaning that upon completion you’ll be confident and competent in that discipline.
- An apprenticeship allows you to gain qualifications, but unlike a degree there are no tuition fees, which can amount to tens of thousands of pounds.
- Build up in-depth work experience that you wouldn’t gain if you were at uni.
- An apprenticeship could give you an entry point to an industry or sought-after company that otherwise wouldn’t be accessible to you.
- By the time you complete your apprenticeship, you’ll have built up a solid relationship with your employer and they’re likely to be invested in you and more willing to help you progress and succeed.
- Your career path may be accelerated if your employer is pleased with the way the apprenticeship has gone, making progression routes within the company more accessible.
As the leading training provider in Hampshire, PETA provides quality apprenticeship programmes to over 400 apprentices every year, with up to 94% continuing their career or continuing onto higher-level learning.
- We partner with industry-leading employers, providing great career opportunities.
- Our tutors and trainers are highly skilled experts in their fields, ready to guide you through the programme smoothly.
- Our team is on hand to help whenever you need them - you can rely on us!
- We have a great deal of apprenticeship experience, making us best placed for continued success.
- We work closely with the awarding bodies to ensure our training is as effective as it can possibly be.
- Our facilities are modern and purpose built to provide the ideal environment for your training.
- Our training is flexible and can be offered online, at our training centre in Portsmouth or at your workplace depending on the requirements and your/ your employer’s preference (and in line with COVID guidance).
- We’ve worked in partnership with awarding bodies to develop new virtual assessments to ensure the pandemic will not delay your training.
PETA is dedicated to offering a range of choices when it comes to roles and employers, ensuring your apprenticeship gives you the experience you need to kickstart your career, in an area you’re passionate about.
IT and Digital
Digital industries are constantly changing and businesses will always require new digital expertise. Whatever your area of interest, the career opportunities in IT and Digital are endless. Whether you want to enter the world of software development, network engineering or digital marketing, we’re sure to have something to pique your interest.
Are you interested in the world of business and how it operates? Do you thrive on interacting with people? Perhaps you want to open your own business one day? A customer service or business administration apprenticeship will equip you with a wide variety of skills that are essential to working in any commercial industry. A business apprenticeship is a real job, with real experience, a wage and an employer who is dedicated to your success.
An engineering career offers a plethora of opportunities depending on what you are interested in and where you want to work. Whether you’re looking for a career in welding and fabrication, CNC turning and milling, electronics, product design or maintenance, an engineering apprenticeship could provide the ideal pathway. It’s a real job with real pay and an employer who wants to see you succeed.
If you’re preparing to step up to a management position and effectively lead a team, a management apprenticeship can provide the perfect opportunity to build your skills and gain qualified experience. Management apprenticeships can be undertaken with your existing employer and provide a structured approach to learning operational and resource management, business planning strategies and commercial awareness.
Although we are in strange times, please rest assured that our apprenticeship programmes will be running and safe to commence as planned. Ourselves and all the employers we partner with are currently working within covid-secure environments, or virtually from home where necessary. PETA’S Training Centre is open and operating in line with government guidelines with reduced learner numbers and social distancing measures in place.
Watch our video to discover why so many others have opted for an apprenticeship. Browse our range of apprenticeship job vacancies and if you see one you like the sound of, apply online when you’re ready! If you want to chat through your options with our friendly team, fill in our contact form and we’ll give you a call.
Sign up to receive news and updates...
Our customers have access to cutting edge information and insights, specifically tailored to them and their industry. Get the latest opinion and expert views through news, events, case studies and apprentice stories.