Lift truck operators already holding a current certificate of competence who need to refresh their skills within a 3-5 year period, in accordance with the HSE’s Approved Code of Practice and Guidance L117. This course provides a refresher and update on current methods and legislation related to safe practice.
- Legislation and the Operators’ Safety Code
- Lift truck stability and weight assessment
- Introduction to the lift truck:
- Operator user checks
- Recording the defects
- Developing driving skills:
- Operator practice
- Start, stop and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stack and de-stack procedures
- Stacking and de-stacking of pallets in varying conditions
Safe working practices are maintained, reducing the potential for accidents or incidents occurring . A regime of best practice in completing pre use systematic lift truck operator checks are maintained. Operators are refreshed in the correct/updated loading, unloading, stacking and de-stacking procedures.