Methods and techniques for dealing with emergency first aid situations are continually improving and evolving. Existing holders of a First Aid at Work or the Emergency First Aid at Work awards are advised to attend to learn from actual first aid scenarios or to refresh and align their skills to current practice.
- Assessing the situation
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious/in seizure
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administering first aid to a casualty in shock, wounded or bleeding
- Recovery position
- Calling the Emergency Services
- How minor situations can escalate into more serious ones if not managed properly
Offering first aid scenario training can prepare delegates to react efficiently to a real situation. First Aid Skills can save lives and keeping people up-to date with changes in practice can make the difference in an emergency. They will have the confidence to treat casualties correctly and in a timely fashion. Offering knowledge and understanding of how to complete/the importance of accident reports.