This course is for qualified First Aiders who are required to requalify within three years to retain the validity of their qualification, and to maintain the currency of their knowledge of changing approaches and techniques in delivering first aid.
- Refresher; First Aider role and responsibilities
- How to assess an incident
- Recognise and manage casualties who are:
- unresponsive, choking, bleeding, in shock
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Managing a casualty with a minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with:
- bone/muscle/joint injuries
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- chest injuries, burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning and anaphylaxis
- a suspected major illness
Maintaining the ability to respond to emergency situations; rapid response could save lives! Keeping internal competence current to new developments and techniques in administering first aid.