This course offers a structured approach for those nominated as Safety Representatives in their role and with responsibility to contribute to safety at work.
- Introduction to relevant legislation
- Health and safety management systems
- The company safety policy
- Being the eyes and ears – the Safety Representative role
- Consultation with employees
- Purpose of safety inspections, surveys and audits
- The importance of risk assessments
- Accident investigation
- The role of enforcement
- Hazard identification exercise
Gives a positive impact on safety performance in the business and shows a commitment to employee wellbeing and motivation. Offers clarity of roles and responsibilities to promote shared ownership and compliance.