Building on practical experience to a nationally recognised standard
Who is it for?
For operators who already have 6 months experience or more in operating lift trucks, this course is designed to build on that practical experience, through providing the knowledge and legislative context for operating equipment in compliance with regulations and best practice.
- Qualified staff are refreshed in best practice reducing the potential for accidents or incidents
- Operators are updated in changing legislative requirements to promote continued compliance
- Competence in the correct loading, unloading, stacking and de-stacking procedures is maintained
- Legislation and the Operators’ Safety Code
- Lift truck stability and weight assessment
- Introduction to the lift truck:
- Operator user checks
- Recording the defects
- Developing driving skills:
- Operator practice
- Start, stop and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stack and de-stack procedures
- Stacking and de-stacking of pallets in varying conditions
Our courses are accredited by ITSSAR and/or NPORS. To achieve a full certificate, delegates must pass all theory papers and practical assessments to a nationally recognised standard.
Please note the duration of the training is based upon the numbers attending; 1 delegate = 2 days, 3 delegates = 3 days
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people