NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH: The internationally recognised Health and Safety qualification for safety professionals
Who is it for?
NEBOSH is the qualification of choice for those tasked with health and safety advisory and management responsibilities. Combining risk assessment, control, auditing, analysis, accident prevention, reporting and practical applications, this course will provide the knowledge and practical skills needed to support workplace safety.
- Increased competence and capability to support health and safety in the workplace
- Management of and reduction in workplace hazards
- Compliance; reduced likelihood of fines and prosecutions
NGC1: Management of health and safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety legal requirements, moral and financial issues
- Health and safety management systems (policy, organising, planning, measuring, audit and review)
GC2: Controlling workplace hazards
- Work equipment
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological
- Physical and psychological
GC3: Health and safety practical application
- Practical assignment within the workplace resulting in a management report
Units NGC1 and GC2 are each assessed by a two-hour written examination. Unit GC3 is assessed by a two-hour practical examination carried out in the candidate's own workplace.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required, however the standard of English of candidates studying for this programme must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH suggest that at least 53 hours of private study time is allocated by delegates on the programme, in addition to the taught component.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
Course dates and fees
|12 March 2020||Portsmouth||13 day - once per week||£1,779.00||£2,093.00||Spaces||Book|
|11 June 2020||Portsmouth||13 day - once per week||£1,779.00||£2,093.00||Spaces||Book|
- Location: Portsmouth
- Duration: 13 day - once per week
- Member +VAT: £1,779.00
- Non-member +VAT: £2,093.00
- Availability: Spaces
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people