This qualification is aimed at operatives and supervisors or any person exposed to working in confined spaces. Although primarily aimed at operatives, it offers the necessary foundation for all persons looking to progress their understanding of confined space entry and managing these working situations.
- Provides candidates with IOSH accredited training
- Understanding of Confined Spaces Regulations 1997 and other applicable legislation and standards
- Identification of the varied hazards and risks presented when working in confined spaces
- Identification and application of appropriate control measures
- Safe use and pre-inspection of equipment: gas monitoring, entry equipment (tripod, winch, fall arrest mechanisms, harnesses and safety lines)
- Safe use of compressed air escape breathing apparatus
- The use and importance of safe systems of work
- Reacting safely and effectively in an emergency
Understanding of the relevant legislation relating to confined spaces including Confined Space Regulations and Water UK Confined spaces classifications. Increase proficiency in identifying the hazards and risks associated with this kind of work and the attendant control measures to be used. Replicate live scenarios using our purpose-built confined space training unit for practical training. Also develops understanding of various gas monitoring, entry and breathing equipment.
Qualifies candidates to enter ‘Medium’ risk confined spaces with compressed air escape breathing apparatus and associated equipment, gaining an IOSH Cortication.