This course offers a foundation for managers and supervisors who are responsible for managing capability, disciplinary or grievance situations in the workplace.
- What the law says
- ACAS code of practice
- The difference between Conduct and Capability
- The stages of investigation, deliberation, notification, interview, appeal and penalties
- Planning for a disciplinary meeting
- Holding the meeting, including the role of the hearing and input of witnesses
- The role of employee companion
- Making notes of the meeting
- Informing others in writing
- What happens when the employee does not attend the interview
- The appeal process
Outline the standards of behaviour and performance expected from your employees and how to manage those who fail to follow them.