Managing Lift Truck Operations
Promoting safe practice through building logistics operational leaders confidence
Who is it for?
All too often businesses invest in training their lift truck operators, but overlook training their Supervisors and Managers as to how to manage materials handling operations. This oversight can lead to product and property damage and the risk of injury to plant operators and pedestrians. This course is designed to give those with the responsibility for lift truck operations and operators an understanding of their statutory responsibilities with regard to managing operations within their working environment.
- Ensuring all staff understand their responsibilities with health and safety legislation with regards to lift truck operations
- Managers and Supervisors will recognise the importance of leading best practice with lift truck activities
- An organisation will be able to recognise potential hazards and identify precautions to improve health and safety management
- Introduction to course
- Hazards associated with lift truck equipment
- Types of accidents that occur
- Truck stability – safe working loads
- Approved Code of Practice
- PUWER and LOLER
- Inspections of workplace
- Practical fault finding
Specific attention will be given to ensure where lift truck operators drive infrequently, supervisors and managers extend the necessary support to ensure operators are confident in doing what is asked of them. The other key consideration is ensuring log books are seen by supervisors and actioned as appropriate.
This course is available as a company sponsored event, delivered at a location, date and time which is mutually agreed. The fees for this event vary depending on the location, number attending and the level of training required and the degree of customisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is available on demand and dates are available on application, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Group discounts are available for this course
Take advantage of these discounts when booking this course;
- 5% off for 2-3 people
- 8% off for 4-5 people
- 12% off for 6 or more people